Charles W. Glendale
The Post Office building was constructed in 1915-16 by Charles W. Gendele Co. of Chicago. Prior to the construction of this building, the LaSalle Post Office rented space in Turner Hall, at Second and Gooding Streets. Built in the NeoClassical style, the Post Office is made of limestone. The façade features nine stately casement windows with transoms and an impressive classical colonnade of six fluted Doric columns surrounding a recessed portico topped off with a parapet.
While the main entrance door is not original to the building, the rest of the Post Office has maintained excellent historical integrity. CLRED is proud to call this building our office which we share with the Starved Rock Community Foundation.